Friday, June 26, 2009

Things of eternal value...

Dear Readers: I hope my son would not mind me sharing his note with my cyber friends and family. I have the two most wonderful children a person could hope for. Being a Mother is the best thing I have done with my life. The love I have given them has been returned many times over. They are the reason I continue to fight. I am determined to survive to see them both married with children of their own. Thank you Lord for blessing me.

Hey Momma,

I heard the news today about Farrah and I'm wondering what your thoughts are on the matter. It's hard when I think she went through the same crap you're going through right now. My heart sank when I heard the news. It made me immediately think of you. I was thinking of what you might be doing right now. Maybe curled up on the couch, drinking a cup of coffee, watching Gilmore Girls while Derek "cleans the fish tank". I'm then taken back to all the memories of you. Playing nerf football infront of the Meriton Court duplex. Making gingerbreads with Grandma. Getting grilled on the green couch about my grades (not the best memory, but still bitter sweet). Going to the barn. Terrible vacations to Washington D.C. and amazing vacations to Washington D.C. All of our Christmas'. All of the great meals you made for the family. Enchiladas, Swedish meatballs, bbq chicken, salmon, your stuffing that amazing brussel sprout and bacon dish with green onions. Reading Amy and I books at nelson way. You have made such an impression on my life and have giving me my tolerance understanding and great work ethic to which I am ever grateful. But most important you taught us how to love.
The picture that keeps running through my mind is the one of you riding Mo when Ally, Sue and I all came out to the barn. You were very happy that day. I hope memories like that help when the go'n gets tough. I love you very much mom. I wish I could be there for you right now. I think of you every day and miss you. I want to fly out soon, planning for sometime in August. It feels like a long time to wait, but I'd really like to see you on one of our birthdays. I wish you strength to get through these next few weeks, I'm sure it's hard, I really can't imagine, but please keep your head up. Know that your whole family is here even if we can't hold your hand. You are an amazing mother, friend and confidant and I love you very much.

your sonny.

1 comment:

  1. What a fine young man you have raised...and look at how your travails have helped him grow and get in touch with a side of himself that he may never have known before...silver linings, eh? What a brave guy he is to share his fears and memories and encouragement with you vs. being in denial (which would be understandable). Love to you all...sending warm thoughts always...

    ReplyDelete