Friday, June 5, 2009

Derek Darling

Derek has been so great during this latest illness. Last year when I was going through this we had a lot of conflict. This mostly was around the fact that I was not doing the things Derek thought I needed to do to get better. He thought I didn't eat enough, didn't drink enough and didn't move around enough. A couple of nights ago I complimented him on not badgering me at all during this last few months. He says he feels Lazy (weird choice of words) for not being on top of me to do all the things he thinks I need to do to get well. I told him I loved the fact that he has been so wonderful this time. He then proceeded to tell me that I would be doing much better if I listened to him but he has given up on me. I told him I really appreciated the NEW Derek and hoped he wouldn't go back to being a pain in the ass (I didn't say those exact words but something to that effect)

Today I went out and bought a pair of hair clippers to shave my head. I was going to use my horse clippers and then decided that probably wasn't very sanitary. I asked Derek if he would shave my head. He reluctantly said OK. He said he is very worried about making a mistake. I laughed and said "How can you make a mistake?" He said he was worried he was going to hurt me. He is so cute!!! I just love him!!!

Stay tuned for before and after pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment