Sunday, November 22, 2009

I can't believe it is almost Thanksgiving

November has flown by and Thanksgiving is this coming Thursday!!! Derek and I will be "home alone" this year. Derek requested Colonial Game Pie for dinner rather than making a turkey for just 2 people. Colonial Game Pie is a Recipe from Colonial Williams burg. The original recipe consisted of venison, wild boar, and duck in a port wine/current jelly sauce and then everything put into a pie crust and baked. My girlfriend Kathy found the recipe 25 years ago and shared it with me. It has been a favorite of mine. The 21st century version uses Steak, pork and chicken but with the same sauce and seasonings. Very rich and very good.

I wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday.

God Bless,

Margaret

1 comment:

  1. We did something non-traditional for Thanksgiving, too...we played golf while our pot roast was cooking in the crock pot...heaven! (and perhaps a new family tradition!)

    ReplyDelete