Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Oncologist Rant!

I had my PET/CT today and then went to my oncologist to check my blood work and then get an infusion of iron. I knew the PET results would be ready for my oncologist by end of day tomorrow so I stopped by the receptionist to make an appointment with him to get my results. The soonest appointment I could get was next Thursday because he was out of town Thu and Fri of this week and booked the beginning of next week. I was so pissed off!!! The radiologist wants to start radiation next Monday and that is dependent upon the results of the PET scan. This A-hole has me scared to death with thoughts of metastasis to my lung and liver and his office wants me to wait over a week for the results and then totally screw up my radiation schedule( I DON"T THINK SO!!). My radiation Doc (Dr. Hodgins) is trying to start my treatment right away so I can be strong enough to go to Amy's wedding (Bless his heart). I am supposed to see Dr. Hodgins this Thu for final appointment before getting started. I asked his nurse to if she could let him know to pull up the PET results tomorrow afternoon so we could go over on Thu. She said this is highly unusual and my oncologist should be giving me the results. I told her let Dr. Hodgins know the situation and I am sure he will make an exception. Thank Goodness Dr. Hodgins is a very kind compassionate man. I know he will wave protocol to get me what I need.

1 comment:

  1. What is wrong with people in the medical profession? This is why I went into research instead of medical school..the system is so backwards! Doctor's should work to try to make things more comfortable for patients, not the other way around!

    ReplyDelete