Sunday, August 9, 2009

Dinner out



Derek, Amy and I went out to dinner last night for my birthday. The restaurant had a beautiful view of the Harbor and Coronado Island. We had such a nice time. We ate great seafood, talked and laughed. We got to see the sunset and the lights come on in the city.

Amy left to drive back north this afternoon. Who would have guessed this would end up being such a great week. Great news medically and then a surprise visit by my daughter.

BTW: My sigmoid oscopy results were again negative (which is good). Amy held my hand during the entire procedure. I am not even going to go into my interaction with the colorectal surgeon (which was not great). I feel too happy to start back in bashing the doctors I have "issues" with. I will take the high road....this time!

5 comments:

  1. I love that picture of you and Derek, you both look so happy. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of you and Big D - so sweet!

    -Suz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to see your smile, and to hear your good news! :-)

    -CharlieW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, Margaret, I've been thinking of you. Thanks for sharing the nice photos and I'm so happy Amy is being such a good support. The birthday night out with Derek and Amy sounds lovely. Hooray for your good news! 54 could well turn out to be a wonderful year for you. I do so hope so.

    Much love, Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had a perfect dinner, and that all this wonderful news is giving you reason to smile! You are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete