Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Farah Fawcett

I heard that Farah Fawcett has created a 2 hour documentary on her cancer and it will be aired on NBC. It is amazing that Farah and I have so much in common with respect to our cancer. We were both diagnosed in 2004 with Anal cancer. We both had a recurrance of our anal cancer in 2007. Both of us were told the cancer was inoperable. In my case, there was a single tumor in my pelvic cavity. In her case, I believe it had spread to her liver. I was able to have a repeat of the original chemotherapy/radiation that I had the first time. She went to Germany where they did some sort of ablation of her liver and did some expirimental chemotherapy. Now we are both in 2009 and I am guessing that she is dying of her cancer. I appear to be cancer free from the 2007 cancer but am now battling breast cancer. I had thought about trying to contact her but she seems like she might be a bit of a nut. I am unsure if I should watch this documentary. Derek says what is the point....it will just be depressing. As if I don't need any more ammunition to be depressed. However I am curious about this.

1 comment:

  1. She does seem like she might be a bit nutty but maybe it will be worth watching? Maybe if only to feel like you aren't the only one??

    ReplyDelete