Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Day After Memorial Day

My Dad and Barbara left this afternoon. They were very helpful and took great care of me. I went to the oncologist today and he said he was sorry that I was having such a tough time of it. Apparently even though I feel like sh*^t, my main organs: heart, lungs, kidneys, liver appear to holding strong. At least that is what Dr. Banerjee says (Although he was saying that last year right before I went into ICU). They always try and make jokes about me at the oncologist's office "Well if something weird is going to happen to a patient it will be to Margaret!". For some reason today that makes me angry. I don't want to be the patient with the weird stuff happening, the patient that knows all the doctors when being wheeled down the corridor in my wheel chair, the patient that has been before "tumor Board" not once but TWICE!!

Chemo is just as unpleasant the third time as the first or second time. There is no Good Cancer and there is no Good Chemo. It all sucks beyond what a person should have to go through to get well.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry about all the hardships you have had to endure for years. Hopefully things will become much better soon. It is very good news that your heart, lungs, kidneys and liver are all holding strong!

    ReplyDelete