Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Chemo today

Brief message today. Had port installed yesterday and it really hurt all day and all night last night. Today is better. Went for round 1 of chemo at 10:30 AM. The taxatere (sp?) went in OK the first hour. Then when they switched to Cytoxin, I got a really bad pain in the middle of my body. They stopped for a few minutes and debated what to do and then we decided to continue. Not sure why I am in pain. Feels like it could be a bowel obstruction and may be unrelated to the chemo. It is so hard to tell what is going on when they are pumping these toxins into your body. I guess I need to reframe to think of them as tumor killers not Margaret killers.

I hate this and it brings back all the bad memories of the last two times.

DEEP BREATH and try to find my happy place.

M

1 comment:

  1. I really wish you the best Margaret. In the short time i've known you, you've had an amazing attitude. My girlfriend just finished chemo and I hope to have her back here so i can take care of her. My mom had cacer too so i've seen the effects of chemo. You look amazing and I will pray for a full recovery. Your smile is missed.

    HECTOR

    ReplyDelete