Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Chemo followed by hospital admitt

Just a quick update today. I just got out of the hospital a few hours ago. I had my first round of chemo yesterday. The Taxotere went in really easy. When they did the Cytoxin, they had to stop because I was getting a lot of pain in my belly. After taking a 15 minute break we decided to continue.

2 hours later I started to have a full blown bowel obstruction. I didn't want to go through this at home on the first day of chemo so I called my surgeon and they admitted me. Took away all liquids and filled me with pain and antinausea drugs to make me comfortable. Finally the blockage worked its way through. I was released at 5:00 PM this evening feeling the effects of not only a bowel obstruction but the first two days of chemo. My Dad and Barbara are here to keep the home fires burning while Derek squires me back and forth to the doctor and hospital. I am going to try and get some sleep tonight and hopefully I will feel better in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad your father, Barbara and Derek have been able to help you. I wish I could be down there in California to help you also.

    ReplyDelete