Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Update

My Dad and Barbara arrived today with my brother and Bonnie in tow. It is so great to see everyone. I was so excited I came downstairs laid on the sofa and probably talked their ears off. Bonnie and Richard are leaving tonight to head back North but Dad and Barbara are here until I don't need someone with me 24/7. I am glad that Derek is getting a break for the next few days so he doesn't have to worry about me.

I have reduced my pain pills from 8 per day to 3 per day. I did that immediately upon leaving the hospital. It has been difficult (painful) but I am determined to get off these drugs. My insides are still struggling with what "normal" is. Food is tasting good and I enjoy each meal. I am still on a very limited bland diet but am grateful to be feeling like we are on a upward trajectory.

I see my surgeon tomorrow. He leaving for a one month vacation starting this weekend. The poor man deserves a break. I am so glad all of this has happened while he was in town and not out of the country. God is watching out for me.

1 comment:

  1. Food is tasting good and you are enjoying each meal. Margaret, those words are music to our ears. Have fun with your Dad and Barbara, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete