Tuesday, September 7, 2010

admitted to the hospital awaiting surgery

The unrelenting stomach pain forced me to get admitted to the hospital on Sunday. It is now Tue and they are doing surgery tomorrow at 1:45 PM. The surgery will last 2 hours and afterword I will have a mid line incision from my bellybutton to my pubic bone, will be minus an ileostomy and plus a colostomy. I don't have the energy or the brain cells to explain why this is happening.
I will be in the hospital for 5 days after the surgery and then will go home. My Dad and Barbara will come to stay with me for a a week after surgery to take care of me. I am praying and hoping that this will fix the horrible ongoing bowel obstructions I have experiencing ever since they did the ileostomy to me in 2007. It was supposed to temporary and I had kept it for 3.5 years perhaps it was time to say good bye.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about your surgery, but hoping that this is exactly what needed to be done to deal with whatever was wrong/out of kilter and causing your frequent blockages...ENOUGH! Looking forward to hearing how the surgery went and how you are feeling...I'm sure you can't WAIT to get back home...HUGS!

    ReplyDelete