Sunday, September 26, 2010

Home again!!!

Was released a day early (for good colon behavior). Have only taken one pain pill today. Derek has made me several very small meals. The best was the 2 scrambled eggs and 1/2 of a baked potato with butter and salt. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Then I sit and wait and wait for the things to start moving. I can't believe that my whole life has become my bowels. Small bowel, large bowel, ostomies........LORD I want to talk about something else!!!!! I want to think about something else!!!! Is it too much to hope that "This too shall pass"

BTW: Very skinny and sickly looking. Shocking actually. Think I have aged 5 years the last 3 months.

2 comments:

  1. "This too shall pass." Margaret, you are such a hoot! Glad you're home from the hospital and glad you are enjoying food again. Baby steps, baby steps - then soon you'll be off and running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...pass is for SURE! I can only imagine how good those things tasted since food has almost been your ENEMY for so long...what is your newest food conquest? Do tell!!! Remember...one day at a time...

    ReplyDelete