Wednesday, July 28, 2010

update on "bowel" issues

Something is not right. I can't eat solid food or I get the symptoms "appearing" to be a bowel obstruction. I haven't eaten hardly anything since last Sat. I think I am OK and then I eat a small amount and regret it for the next 7 hours. I talked to Amy today and she said I need to do something about this. So I once again I have a call into my surgeon to see what if anything he can do. I can only go so long without eating. I am at my wits end. They can't find anything when they look at the CT scans and X-rays. Have you ever heard the saying, "when you hear hoof beats you expect horses not zebras!" Maybe they are looking at the most logical explanation and they are missing something that is completely unrelated to my small/large intestines.

Now it is not a question of whether or not I will be able to come up to help Amy with my Grandson. It is not going to happen at least in the short term. I can't tell you what a disappointment that is to me. This is so important to me. BTW: Today is Amy's due date. She went to the doctor and there was no indication that labor was eminent. She has an appointment to be induced next Thu the 5th if Henry hasn't decided to show himself before that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment