Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thought I had better write something

I am still adjusting to my new "reality". That reality being that I may never get a whole lot better physically and will have to find ways to enjoy my life that don't involve the things I used to love (which are mostly demanding physical stuff). I am thinking about selling my remaining horse Capote. It doesn't make sense paying board on a horse that I can't ride for more than 10 minutes every two weeks. Six months ago I would have been completely distraught at the idea on being horseless. Now it just seems like one more thing I am being forced to give up for my new life. I used to hope that this illness would put me on the path to something new, exciting and different. So far that has not been the case. It seems like much more has been taken away than has been gained. The only exception would be the understanding of how great my family and friends are. I thought I already appreciated them but now I have a much deeper appreciation of their tireless giving of time and energy. I am a lucky gal.

Amy's due date is next Wed. the 28th. I am planning on driving up to San Jose when I get the call that she has gone into labor. I will stay up in San Jose for a week to help Amy settle in with her new son Henry. I am very excited to hold my first Grandchild.

2 comments:

  1. Margaret, No one knows where your new "normal" will be. But it is comforting to your friends that you are progressing and not regressing in your battle. You are one strong and brave woman. I mention your situation to others as representative of strength and courage 'under fire'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Pat above. Perhaps you should think about writing a book about your battle? That would be a great way to channel some positive energy into an otherwise tough situation and it might help other ladies in your situation in the future! I can't wait to see photos of you with your new Grandson!

    ReplyDelete