Thursday, December 3, 2009

Back home and healing

Thanks for all your emails, prayers and phone calls. They all mean so much to me. It appears the surgery has gone well although things are still very swollen and painful. I can barely get my largest sweatpants over my swollen abdomen. Every time I try and move my body hurts. My appetite is very minimal because just a small amount of food moving through my intestine is very painful. Today with some creative pain medication I was able to actually get some really good long hours of sleep. In the hospital, I had a morphine pain pump which I highly recommend. I wish I could have taken it home with me. Just push a button and the pain goes away.....what an invention. Derek and the dogs having been taking good care of me. Derek went back to work today so it was just the dogs and me. They know something is up and they are very gentle. Fergus sleeps right beside my bed and Wiley comes up stairs, sticks her head in the door to check on me every hour or so. God Bless them!!!

1 comment:

  1. My dear Margaret, I'm so sorry you have to endure such miseries. And I'm so glad that there are medical procedures that are helping heal you and drugs available to minimize the difficulties. You will get beyond all this some day. Best wishes. I'm glad you get so much comfort from Fergus and Wiley. Much love, Maureen

    ReplyDelete