Friday, December 11, 2009

I am going to be a Grandma!

Wonderful news!!! The only problem is that Amy is really having terrible morning sickness. My heart goes out to her. There is nothing worse than throwing up and feeling sick to your stomach. I told her that I hope it goes away after the first trimester. She had to go to hospital on Mon. because she was throwing up so much that she couldn't keep anything down. They did an ultrasound and sure enough there is a baby. I think she is only a month pregnant so you can't make out any details on the ultrasound. She thinks the baby will be born in early August. She will get her official due date when she goes to her first prenatal appointment next week.

6 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! I know you are so looking forward to being a Grandma! Great news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I'm so excited for you all! I know how much Amy wants to be a mom. I hope her pregnancy gets easier and I can't wait to see this baby next summer. Have a great holiday! -Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a Grandma!!!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! You already met this baby in your incredibly happy dream!

    Please give my best to Amy. You know my sister had four such pregnancies, and what helped her was acupuncture. Due to fear of lawsuits, it may be hard to find an acupuncturist willing to treat her during her pregnancy, but she may find some relief by pressing her fingers on some acupressure points for her nausea. These points and techniques can be found in a book or perhaps on a REPUTABLE website so the acupressure has the intended, and not unintended, consequence. Unfortunately I don't have any source to recommend, but I'm sure they are out there. Best wishes to her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margaret, you are going to have the time of your life! And we can trade stories and pictures. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, Grandma Margaret, that sounds really wonderful, just that you are not the type exactly of a stereotype grandma (sitting in a rocking chair, knitting and sipping tea)...ha. This is great news my friend, how fun! Love! - Sylvia

    ReplyDelete