Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas to all my wonderful friends and family

I am laying in bed and it is almost midnight on Christmas Eve. Derek is already asleep and snoring softly beside me. It has been a difficult week. I have been having a hard time recovering from the most recent surgery. The pain got so bad that my Doctor admitted me to the hospital for blood work./CT Scan. I was very worried it would mean another hospital stay over the holidays. Luckily they couldn't find any obstruction and sent me home with anti-nausea drugs and pain killers. So I am very happy that I will be home with my family for Christmas. I was planning on cooking a really involved meal. But Derek (bless his heart) suggested that we go to Honeybaked Ham and buy the meat and all the trimmings. I was resistant to the idea.....but I had been unable to get out of bed the entire week so logic trumped my fantasy of cooking this wonderful Christmas Dinner for my family. Amy, Rich, Derek and his Uncle John and perhaps my son-in-law Ray will join us for dinner. All wonderful people with great sense of humor and love of family. It should be really fun.

Only concern is my poor daughter is still having a very bad first trimester. She can't keep anything down and can barely even drink. She has already lost over 15 pounds the first month of her pregnancy. She is going to stay with me for a while before she heads back. I hope I can cook or find some food that will settle on her stomach, I can't imagine vomiting multiple times per day for weeks on end. I feel so helpless as there is nothing I can do

1 comment:

  1. Sending you holiday wishes and big hugs...hope that having your family around you for Christmas gave you a bit of distraction from your constant pain...hope that you and Amy can both do one another some good as you hang out for awhile...my biggest hope is that you both can get past the current discomfort and look back on this as a faded distant memory in the near future...you both deserve that!

    ReplyDelete