Saturday, July 18, 2009

Fun this afternoon

Amy and I went to look at Wedding Dresses today. It was fun to sit and watch all the brides trying on dresses and to see all the different styles of dresses. Amy tried on a lot of pretty dresses and we were able to determine which styles suited her and which styles were comfortable. The style right now is a strapless tight bodice. In order to get the "right look" they require a corset with stays. These things are so tight you literally break a sweat trying to latch it in the back. It looked so horribly uncomfortable, Some of the dresses were so tight that one bride said she didn't care if she couldn't sit down during her wedding day. Luckily Amy is not that way. She wants to be comfortable and able to move freely on her wedding day.

After trying on all these dresses, Amy is more convinced then ever that she can make her own wedding dress. She thinks she can make it much cheaper and with high quality. We then went to a fabric store and found the perfect pattern for the dress. We priced out what the fabric would cost and it is much much less than buying a dress. Amy has a very high end sewing machine and I think she can make a very nice dress. My only concern is that she is not trying to do too much. I wish I was close by to help her.

1 comment:

  1. Right there with ya, there is no way I would not want to be able to sit down on my wedding day! People can be so crazy. I am not a fan of the strapless design myself...

    ReplyDelete