Thursday, May 27, 2010

My dreams are the same lately

I am getting weirded out by my dreams. They are always a variation on the same theme. I am trying to do some task and I can't see very well, I am stumbling and weaving and often there is something very thick in my mouth that makes if difficult for me to speak. I try my best to rub my eyes and to step carefully and pull this "stuff" out of my mouth. It ends up just getting worse and worse until I finally wake up in frustration.

Last night I dreamt that I was meeting my best girlfriend from childhood (Randie). We were meeting in Chicago. I was trying to get my boarding passes, get through the airport and to the hotel. I was not able to see very well, and I was wearing pajama bottoms with no shoes and was having a difficult time walking. I get to the hotel and I am out in the parking lot stumbling around in the snow and it is nighttime. I can't see very well and my feet are freezing. Then I see Randie walking across the parking lot. I am so happy to see her and we hug each other. She takes my arm and leads me to a warm conference room in the hotel. There is so much to say because we haven't seen each other for 9 years. We are talking and enjoying each other and then I realize this can't be real.....Randie died 9 years ago. I say "Randie you are dead why are you here?" She just looked at me with really sad eyes and then I woke up.

I need my friend Pinkie to interpret this dream......or maybe I don't want to know the interpretation

1 comment:

  1. That sounds really intense, and to have the same basic dream repetitively is kind of scary. I like the interp your friend gave - especially the part about having a warm comfortable place to talk and be unafraid. That's very important, and I hope you know someone in real life who can provide that type of space.

    I'll be interested in hearing what the other interpreter has to say.

    ReplyDelete