Friday, May 7, 2010

Gifts of Wisdom and compassion

You never know when you are going to get some little pearls of wisdom. I had been wallowing the last two weeks in what I can only describe as lack of any motivation to do anything. I really just wanted to stay in bed 24 hours a day. I have been dealing with some legal papers and have gotten to know the local notary who is an East Indian woman with the most beautiful countenance. I pulled myself out of bed to go get the last of my papers notarized. We started to talk about life, health, children & husbands. She had the most amazing wisdom about these topics. In a very humble way, she told me that I can come visit her anytime and she would be happy to listen to me.

My friend Carrie has introduced me via Internet, blogging and phone to the most amazing woman who is also a 3 time cancer survivor. Unfortunately she lives far from San Diego so we have never met in person. She is currently undergoing some very difficult treatment for the cancer. Yet......she calls ME to see how I am doing after getting an email from me that indicated I needed some comforting. She talked to me for 45 minutes and as a cancer survivor she understands how this can really suck and how you behave weird sometimes and don't behave "what used to be your normal". Here she is a few days after chemo calling me to comfort me.

I am humbled by their goodness......

1 comment:

  1. I'm very glad you have both of these women for supports. Good souls.

    ReplyDelete