Monday, April 26, 2010

Getting back my strength

Last week was a long week. I had a terrible time getting my strength back after that horrible bowel obstruction. I was so exhausted, nauseated and dizzy that I felt like I was back a year in my recovery. I found out that part of the problem was some over the counter medication I was taking. It suddenly occurred to me that perhaps this might be what is causing some of my tiredness and dizziness. I stopped taking the medication on Sat. I still felt crappy yesterday but today I awoke with a tad more energy and could convince myself to get out of bed. Whew.....I am relieved that I am on the mend. All the fears start to come back when I take a turn for the worse like this.

Today the dogs and I spent a few hours in the fresh air at the barn. The weather was so beautiful and warm. The wild flowers are in bloom and the hills are carpeted with color.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for diagnosing the problem with the medicine. Episodes like this would discourage anyone, but we're glad you're back on the mend. You have conquered so much and are so good about doing what you need to do for optimal health, that you are building a stronger body every month.

    ReplyDelete