Monday, April 19, 2010

Bowel obstruction DAMN IT!!!!

Just when I think everything is getting better and that I will never face another one.....it happened. I ate a little bit of cookie with some nuts when I was with Ally on Sat afternoon. I felt kind of weird Sat. night but I was fine on Sunday. Sunday afternoon I ate some yogurt and strawberries. The strawberries were chopped up in the food processor and I didn't eat more than a 1/3 of a cup. About 6:00 PM the pain started. I took to my bed in hopes that the episode wouldn't follow its usual path. Wrong again. I was up the entire night with horrible belly pain with the associated retching and vomiting (lovely). No one in our house got any sleep last night. Luckily the strawberries made it through by about 7:00 this morning. Like always I am completely exhausted from these bouts. It get so dehydrated that my leg, thighs and foot muscles cramp so bad that I can't sleep. I have tried to replenish my fluids today and not feel sorry for myself.

1 comment:

  1. Maggie, I am SO sorry you have to endure such episodes! How challenging to have to be THAT careful with what you eat! My hope is on the medical advances that keep coming faster and faster - hopefully your body can heal to 100% before long.

    ReplyDelete