Sunday, January 3, 2010

Made a Big Decision.....

I have been agonizing over what to do about my stallion. I bought this beautiful horse with the dream of competing and winning. Riding and handling a stallion takes a lot of talent and finesse. I was so excited about learning yet another aspect of horsemanship and moving my riding up another notch. That was my dream two years ago.

Lately my heart has been telling me that this dream isn't meant to be. I kept hoping that I would get better, that I would regain my strength and be able to continue where I left off 2 years ago. This last surgery and its complications have made me realize that I will never be the person I was 2 years ago. I no longer have the strength, endurance and balance. It is not safe for me to ride and handle a stallion with all that has changed. This morning I made the decision to sell Capote. It is not an easy decision but it is a sound one.

One of the hardest parts of a chronic illness is accepting and loving the new person that you have become. Try not to look at what you have lost but look at what you have gained.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely a tough decision...but, yes, sound (hey, you are of sound mind...THAT's something to be thankful for...). I will send good wishes that you find the perfect new owner for Capote--someone that gives you peace of mind that he'll be in a good situation for him...hugs!

    ReplyDelete