Monday, February 15, 2010

Great 3 Day weekend



My dear friend Andrea came to visit for the weekend. She and I met 8 years ago when we were both hired by a start-up company (SciTegic) which later was purchased by Accelrys. We were peers for a few years and then she became the Director of US sales and I reported into her for several years. After 8 years at Accelrys, she is leaving Accelrys to take some time for herself and to pursue other directions. She lives in N. Carolina so our visits are usually limited to an evening. I was so delighted to have her to myself for the weekend.
On Sat. I took Andrea, Debbie and her children Emily and Nicholas (AKA Spiderman) for a fun filled day in the country with horseback riding and a picnic. Everyone had a great time. The only down side was after the horseback ride, Emily took a header off of the mounting block and bloodied her nose. In addition, one of the mini horses accidentally bit down on her fingers. Emily was a trooper and didn't let a little blood or some chewed on fingers stop her from having a good time. Debbie's children are amazing and so much fun to be around.
Sunday Andrea and I took the dogs to Fiesta Island and enjoyed the beautiful weather and all the dogs running and playing. BTW: (still haven't received the results of Wiley's tests). Sunday night Derek, Andrea and I had a nice dinner and a nice bottle of wine and I hit the sack early exhausted.
Unfortunately I did too much on the weekend and couldn't get out of bed on today. I wasn't able to attend Andrea's going away lunch. She is going to missed at Accelrys.
Debbie and I have decided that within the next year we are going to fly out and visit Andrea and Ed in Raleigh. We are talking about staying at the Famous Biltmore Estates. That would be so fun.
I have attached a couple of pictures Debbie took of our picnic.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Margaret! Great photos! My parents go to the Biltmore regular and they love it- my Mom especially loves the gardens there!

    ReplyDelete